F650 headlight

• Hello

I am an F650 owner in Finland. As I think that the headlight is bad on the F:s, especially the high beam, i`d like to know what can be done about it. Anyone who has swapped into the Touratech twin light, what experiences do you have, is it wort its price? Or the sidemounted extras? I am interrested in all kind of modifications made to get better lights, so do you have any tips or own solutions?

thank you, and sorry I can´t write in German!

Mikael

• Hi Mikael,

if you got the F650GS injektor type, the best (and cheapest)choice will be change into Front of 04 models, i tried already every possible (and impossible) version, the TT double lamp Version is much lower light, than the original, the best results i had with KTM Duke 2 front(as you can see in my profil), with Xenon lamps, no wonder (but i dont get it certified here in Germany).

After all, now i did change into 04 model front, and i'm satisfied.

take care, Harald'S

• Hello Mikael,

I use the touratech twinlight and the sidemounted highbeam with best results. Good luck, Jan

• Hello Jan !

thanks for your response. So you have mounted both the sidemounted headlight and the Touratech twinlights? Doesn`t the twinlight alone improve the lighting enough compared to the original?

I would prefer a solution which do not include any outstanding parts, and it´s quite expensive too if I have to get both.

Another solution is, as I have seen on the web, to replace it whith two round 5 1/4" H4 car headlights. It´s effective, cheap but very ugly.

thanks Mikael

• Hi Mikael,

on my Dakar I use the TT fog lamp and the Xenon high beam. It was already installed when I bought the bike.

I´ve to admit that would never buy the additional high beam, but if you switch it on for the first time, you won´t give it away anymore...

This is definitly the best solution for the high beam,but I´m also unsatisfied with the low beam, especially in comparison to the quality of the high beam.

Hope, I could help you?!

hartmut

P.S.: Forget about the fog lamp, I won´t use it in a thousand years...

• Hello Mikael,

my girlfriend and i have both a F650 GS from 2004. We are also looking for (better) more light. This year we will try additional light set from http://www.wunderlich.de. You can download an english Catalogue there. You will see small lamps which will change the bikedesign only a little bit. Which you can use depend on your model and year and the rules of the countries. We will try the fog-lamps: if you have oncoming traffic, it can stay on, not so High Beam. We want to see better while rideing through circles (forest,...). But you will also get doublelight: you can use only low beam or low+high beam together.

at the moments we could not tell whats good and whats not.

http://www.wunderlich.de is an company which is specialized to BMW motorcycles.

another nice company is http://www.sw-motech.de but they are working on a new Homepage and the old one is not realy working.

Greeting from Germany to Finland.

Uwe